Safeguarding children and Young People level 3
This course is suitable for managers and team leaders who are in charge of settings in which staff work regularly with children and/or families. This course takes a more in-depth look into safeguarding and will also give you the relevant information you need to ensure that you are able to deal confidently with all matters relating to Safeguarding Children.
Classroom based training delivered at your venue.
- Key principles of legislation which protects children and young people and your role within it and the role of other staff.
- Identify vulnerable groups
- Risk Assessment Process & Recording
- Different types of abuse
- Recognising signs and behaviour that may indicate abuse
- The concept of Significant Harm
- Understand Prevent and other key risks
- How to report suspicions of child abuse
- How to respond to disclosures and allegations
- Recording principles
- The roles of other agencies, and the importance of sharing information when a child may be at risk
- What happens after a referral
- Identify relevant policies and procedures that support safeguarding and child protection
- Child Protection Policy
- Framework, Implementation & Structure
Duration 6 hours
Max number of learners N/A
Cost – Please contact us to request a quote