People Moving and handling
This course is most relevant to healthcare workers and providers. It is designed to enable staff to be confident and competent in providing correct people handling techniques so that risks are reduced to yourself and patients/residents.
Classroom based training delivered at your venue.
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Safe Lifting Techniques
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving – Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving Equipment
- People Moving – Controversial Techniques
- People Moving – Good Techniques
- Practical assessment including the use of equipment for moving people and the movement and transfer of people.
Duration 3 hours
Max number of learners 8-12 depending on room size and facilities available
Cost – Please contact us to request a quote