Epilepsy Awareness Training
This Epilepsy Awareness course is designed as an introduction to epilepsy, for new starters or as a refresher for existing staff to update their current knowledge. This course is ideal for healthcare staff, schools and nurseries as well as many other environments.
Learners will take a look at the causes and effects of epilepsy, ways to care safely for someone who is having an epileptic seizure and how to support vulnerable people with epilepsy.
Classroom based training delivered at your venue.
- Relevant UK legislation
- An introduction to the brain
- Different epilepsy syndromes
- Causes of epilepsy
- Diagnosing epilepsy
- Treating epilepsy
- What to do when someone is having a seizure
- Managing epilepsy
- Impact of epilepsy on a person’s life
- Supporting vulnerable people with epilepsy
- Maintaining dignity and respect
Duration 3 hours
Max number of learners N/A
Cost – Please contact us to request a quote