Disability Awareness Training
This Disability Awareness course provides information and advice to ensure that services, policies and procedures comply with current legislation and to open up services to a wider range of users. Learners will leave with a general awareness of how to make services accessible and how to interact positively with people with disabilities.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities regarding current legislation.
- Understand key words including disability, discrimination, inclusion, equality, diversity…..
- Discuss stereotyping and unconscious bias
- Identify barriers that people with disabilities face
- Understand different approaches to disability and how this can affect the service you provide
- Understand how you can make your organisation inclusive and accessible to all
- Use appropriate language and communication skills when interacting with disabled people
- Gain the confidence to interact with disabled people in all aspects of your organisation
Duration 3 hrs
Max number of learners 12
Cost – Please contact us to request a quote