Dementia Awareness Training
This Dementia Awareness course has been designed as an introduction to dementia, for new starters or as a refresher for existing staff to update their current knowledge. This course is ideal for employees from many different environments, in particular healthcare establishments.
This dementia course will enable learners to understand what dementia is, how to manage and provide support to someone with dementia in a dignified and appropriate manner. This dementia awareness course also reflects on the effects that dementia has on families and carers and how to provide them with essential support.
Classroom based training delivered at your venue.
- Introduction to dementia
- Different kinds of dementia.
- Symptoms of dementia and diagnosis.
- How to assist people with dementia.
- Supporting individuals with dementia, their families and carers.
- Managing behaviour.
- Empowering individuals with dementia and promoting independence.
Duration 3 hours
Max number of learners N/A
Cost – Please contact us to request a quote